Operational Buyer – IT, Travel, FM & PS
In this role you will work closely together with the Global Sourcing Managers who are responsible for the global sourcing strategy for a specific range of equipment. Your focus will be split across long term projects such as assisting in preparing and coordinating bids as well as operational activities such as monitoring the purchasing process and negotiate with suppliers.
As Operational Buyer, you have a key role in our organization. You will interact with sites, suppliers and colleagues from all over the globe on a day to day basis. This position would be a great start of your procurement career. In this role, you will be part of a multinational & multi-cultural team which manages procurement for multiple sites across globe. In this position, you will be reporting into Global Sourcing Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Actively participate in the sourcing activities for the IT, Travel, FM and professional services sub-category, with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining or improving quality or vendor service levels;
- In charge of the operational part of the sourcing process;
- Issue purchase orders/call-offs;
- Follow up on orders to ensure that items are shipped and delivered on time;
- Address & solve issues during the sourcing process;
- Analyze processes and share learnings within the organization;
- Negotiate with local suppliers of IT, Travel, FM and professional services
- Assist the Global Sourcing Managers in preparing and coordinating bids, provide them with relevant information;
- Review, prepare, verify and/or approve financial and business transactions within established frameworks and guidelines.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field (i.e. Computer science, Economics, Finance, etc.);
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an analytical and coordinating role, preferably within procurement. Lesser experience may be considered on merit basis.
- Strong Excel and SAP and/or Ariba skills;
- Experience with the specifics of IT, Travel, FM and professional services is an advantage;
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Result driven personality and able to work autonomously;
- Demonstrated skill at maintaining high accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Strategic thinker and pragmatic worker;
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands.
Languages: Excellent command of English and Hebrew.
ICL European Headquarters
Koningin Wilhelminaplein 30, 1062 KR, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
For more information about this position you can contact Tamara Novak, Talent Acquisition Specialist, via email@example.com
ICL is a global specialty minerals and chemicals company operating potash, bromine and phosphate mineral value chains in a unique, integrated business model. ICL extracts raw materials from well-positioned mineral assets and utilizes technology and industrial know-how to add value for customers in key agricultural and industrial markets worldwide. ICL employs around 12.000 people worldwide and is active in many European countries. The European Headquarters are located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
For more information, visit the company's global website www.icl-group.com or visit www.icl-group.nl to find out more about ICL’s activities in The Netherlands and Belgium.